Fix Printer Offline : It’s your big day for proving your capabilities in your workplace. You are in a hurry to take a print out of a file required for your crucial meeting. Once you opened the necessary file and tapped on the print button, you may not be able to take the print out. Even after waiting for some time, you can’t get the required printed file out. A message pops up on the screen saying that the printer is offline. What does it mean? Why a printer offline status appears on Windows 10 OS? There are numerous reasons behind printer goes offline.
Some of the most common issues related to an offline printer could be connectivity issues, powered-down printer and much more. In most of the cases, people can resolve this issue by bringing the printer back online with a simple click on Windows OS. Apart from that, there are some of the best troubleshooting solutions for the Windows users. If your paper gets jammed, out of paper or due to other printer hardware faults, you may confront hp printer offline Windows 10 issues.
When the machine is unable to interact with your printer, this error message on Windows 10 displays on the screen. The major cause of this issue is that the printer is paused. By enabling the printer through settings, you can make it function properly. In this post, we have come up with the solutions to fix printer is offline. Check the easy troubleshooting methods to change a printer from offline to online. Have a look!
Fix Printer Offline Error on Windows 7 8 10 PC / Laptop :
Well, you don’t have to worry much about the ‘printer is offline’ issue on your Windows 10/8.1/8/7 PC. It’s the most common problem faced by millions of people out there. To be precise, this problem can be fixed by executing simple methods. In this post, we have furnished the easy solutions to fix and change printer from offline to online on your Windows device. Check out here!READ How to Fix DPC Watchdog Violation Error in Windows 10/8.1/7?
Also Check : DirectX for windows 10
1. Check the Printer & System Connectivity
If you get this error message then, it indicates that there is some connection mistake between your PC and printer. If you have connected your printer using a USB cable or a network connection, try to check the connections. Follow the steps provided below:
- First of all, turn off your printer and once again turn it on by restarting the printer.
- Wait for some time until it gets ready totally.
- You can then check the connection of your printer with the computer.
- In case, you have connected your printer through the USB cable, ensure that the cable is connected properly with the printer. Another thing that must be assured is that you have connected to a working USB port.
- In case, you have connected your printer through a wired network connection then, check the connections with your Ethernet port. Check whether the port to which your printer is connected and the router connection is working properly. Ensure that the network signal is flashing on the printer.
- If the printer is connected to a wireless network then, check the wireless icon shows is displaying that you are connected to the device.
Even after checking all these connections, you still encounter the same problem then, just try out the second method explained below.
Also Check : Download Garageband for windows PC
2. Check the Status of Printer
- First of all, go to Control Panel by searching for it from the Cortona pop-up.
- Otherwise, just tap the Control Panel at the zenith.
READ Tutuapp for Android Download to Get Paid Apps & Games Free
- On the next Control Panel window, you need to click ‘Devices and Printers’ option.
- In the next window, you can find a list of available devices and printers in your locality.
- Just right click on the printer that you are running on your PC.
- From the options, you need to select ‘See what’s printing’ option.
- On the subsequent window, you can find the status of the running printer.
- On the top left corner of the window, you can find Printer tab.
- By tapping that option, you will get a list of options wherein you must select ‘Pause Printing’ option.
- Once the option is ticked, you need to untick it.
- If you are willing to remove pause from a specific document then right click on the document in your printer driver window.
- From the options, click ‘Pause’ option.
- You can then take a print out with much ease.
Also Check : Best Dual Monitor Wallpapers for windows
3. Restart Print Spooler Service
One of the main reasons behind the printer is the offline issue is a not working print spooler service. In some cases, this particular service will be turned off. The users need to check whether it is operating or not. Later, they can decide whether to restart it or not. To check the running status of a print spooler then follow the steps provided below:
- First of all, press the keys Windows Logo and R simultaneously.
- Enter services.msc in the search field and hit enter.
- On the next window, you need to locate the Print Spooler option from the list.
- Under the status tab, you can find running.
- If there is no status, you can right click on it and select start button.
READ Instagram IGTV Download for Android and iOS Devices Free
- You can even restart it by right clicking ‘Print Spooler’ and select Restart option.
- From the properties window, you can find that the printer is online.
4. Add an Alternative Printer
This method works only when your printer is connected to the network rather than a USB cable. If the remaining methods given above doesn’t work, you can set your printer’s IP address manually. By adding a port on your PC, you can check for a match. You require an IP address for your printer. You can find it in your printer manual. If there is no manual, try to find it online from the website of your manufacturer.
- From your keyboard, press Windows Key and I. You will navigate to the Settings.
- Hit the ‘Devices’ option and you will land on ‘Devices & Printers’ option.
- From the next window, you can find the list of printers.
- Just right-click on it and click on ‘Printer properties’.
- Go to the Ports tab and then add port.
- Choose the Standard TCP/IP port from the available port types window and hit ‘New Port’ button.
- Click the next button and enter the IP address of the printer. Again, tap next button.
- By finding the IP address of your printer, you can easily fix this issue. The IP address differs from one printer to the other printer.
Here ends the list of solutions to fix ‘Printer is offline’ issue on Windows 10/8/7 PC. These are the possible fixes to solve the printer issue. Using these solutions, you can easily change printer offline to online on Windows PC. If you still require some sort of assistance, just drop the queries in the comments section.